3. If you break my heart, you will only do it once. Some things can't be forgiven or forgotten. causing an intentional heart break is on that list.
5. Ditto for not knowing my Aunts, Grand Parents, Cousins, Uncles and so on.
6. I started blogging for therapy and because of #2 and because I need the planet to pay attention to my weight loss and pressure me to keep my lbs. truth in check. Can it get ugly here on my blog- indeed. But life is about the messy stuff more than it is about the easy stuff. At least you nut cases out there will know you are not alone.
7. I totally relate to the characters Ree in Winter's Bone and Elle Woods in Legally Blonde.
8. The Girl's cat is really a crabbit. His front looks like a cat, his back parts look like a rabbit and he acts like a dog. The equivalent of a platypus in the house pet world.
9. I like gross stuff, alot! I love to watch anything about surgery, hoarders, weird disorders, gross health stuff, fart jokes and so on. This is why The Man refuses to show me how to record TLC & Discovery shows on the Tivo. But I can't stand to see an animal squished on the side of the road. Makes me cry.
10. I think I am OCD- "Organized in Case of Disaster". My shoes are lined up like little soldiers, my underwear drawer is sectioned off by type and color and my pantry has all of the cans turned forward. I know where my shit is at all times just in case Glenn Beck is right- and the world is about to end. Or we are invaded by zombies. I know where my gun is and I can easily find the right ensemble, survivor food and stilettos in case either of those happen. I love zombies.
11. The world should take note: if anyone dare hurt The Girl- I will have zero problem with ripping your head off with my bare hands. Zero issue with going to jail for avenging her. And there is zero chance you will ever be heard from, seen again or found.
12. I don't like opera, rap or The Beatles. I'll pretty much listen to everything else at least once. I have wet dreams about Johnny Cash.
19. The Man is the right to all of my wrong and makes me laugh all of the time. Truth be told- he is the perfect balance to my Leo. He's a retired Air Force guy- and this makes him tip the sexy scale to crazy limits. He's handsome and has enough trouble making boy left in him to make it impossible for me to be mad at him. He gets that I am high maintenance, pouty, proud, damaged, emotional, crazy, independent and vain. He understands I have a driving need to feel safe, secure and cared for. He likes me just how I am and exceeds at all of the things a man is and does for a woman. My family should pay him for putting up with me.
20. I have always loved to write. We all have that thing we can say without apology that we are great at- writing is mine. I wish I had some of the things I wrote when I was a kid but privacy in my room or my thoughts wasn't a luxury I was afforded. Often I would stay up late writing my thoughts, happenings and dreams- then promptly flush them down the toilet before they could be discovered and interrogated.
21. I am currently writing a book about turning 40 and a novel that is biographical fiction (go wrap your head around that), writing for an Austin based magazine and a children's book based on my retarded cat and The Man's not so nice blind dog ( I know, I know...no cussing at the under 18 group). Oh, and a blog.
22. I have officially let myself off of the hook for any regrets I had, made my apologies to anyone I hurt purposely and buried the long list of child hood hurts and wrongs I lived through.
27. Some things I can't bring myself to forgive- and I am ok with that.
28. My adult life has gone like this: graduated from HS, got married, had The Girl, got divorced, work & school, school & work, married, divorced, freak out because The Girl is now 18 and going on to college, moved in with The Man, about to move out of the city I have lived in for the past 33 years and now writing. Nope- no stress causing life events here. It's all been perfectly peachy with a dash of Jack Daniel's. Shaken. And not gently.