Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Kitchen Cat: Chicken Vinda Who

With this fabulous new to me kitchen- I have vowed to cook more. I would post a picture but there are still boxes everywhere. I would rather you see it as pristine, shiny and perfect- see it the way I see it. The Man has me addicted to Indian food- and wouldn't you know it- that's the one kind of food we can't find in New City. I would flag down an Indian- but I haven't seen one of those either- to which I say- WTF! Eating out here is the big social scene. Seriously- that is what we do to see each other, mingle and gather the latest gossip. It's like my dream city come true! We went to the only healthy food store here, Natural Grocers, and stumbled upon a spice mix for Chicken Vindaloo. Vinda-who, you ask? Vindaloo is a curry sauce that is flavored boldly with vinegar, garlic, ginger and chilies. Nom, nom , nom! So here's how you make it this fabulous dish in ONE pan in under 20 minutes. Seriously, from scratching the package open to the table in under 20. Awesome I say!

Open your bottle of wine. Pour a glass and drink it. I prefer Sutter Homes Sweet Red. I never used to drink wine- I prefer whiskey- but The Man insisted I try this wine. I did and am now addicted. Not I need meetings and milestone medallions addicted- but it's my fave one step drink addicted. Carrie calls it cheap slut juice and I guess I now understand why The Man likes me to drink it. Half a bottle later and i'm on the back porch in my panties trying to get The Man to come out and play.  Brownchickenbrowncow!

Gather your ingredients: Sukki's Vindaloo Curry Sauce, some thin cut skinless boneless chicken breast and a cup of water for the main dish. A package of Naan bread and a package of microwave brown rice because your ass can't eat white rice without creeping into the next zip code. All of this costs about $12. Twelve! In a restaurant- this would of cost us nearly $40 for both of us.



Dice your chicken and toss it in the pot. Squeeze your Sukki's out onto the chicken and pour your water over it. Mix, cover and bring to boil for about 3 minutes. Stir- let simmer for about 10 minutes until the sauce thickens and all of the cooties are cooked out of the chicken. Pour yourself some more wine.


Cook your naan, one slice at a time for 30 seconds. If you want to break out a second pan- heat up some olive oil and toast each piece on naan after it comes out of the microwave for 10 seconds on each side.  Tada! Crunchy on the outside- warm and chewy on the inside- just like at your favorite Indian restaurant! Throw your rice in the nuker for three minutes. Then go put on pants because you're eating at the table tonight and noone wants to see your crotchless panties. This time. Add naan, rice and oh so spicy vindaloo chicken to your plate and dive into Yumville!





1 comment:

  1. Only you could put chicken vindaloo and crotchless panties in the same post and make it seem normal :)

    ReplyDelete