Sunday, August 14, 2011

Artsy Chicks: Erin Cunningham

I have a thing for silver and texture. I prefer silver jewelry over gold. If I wear a ring (which is seldom) , I would prefer something with texture and some thought put into it. If it comes from a jewelry store and it's mass produced- no thank you. That goes for diamonds, too. Not a fan. I am a giant fan of hand made pieces- something no one else will ever have. She can custom make your ideas- the translation from your head to wearable one of a kind art is quite beautiful! Now that says "I love you forever" to me! Two of my favorite pieces from Erin are the tough knuckle ring (bottom center) and the pebble necklace (center left).


Bio:
I have long been in love with the ability to work and manipulate metal, all metals. My training as an artist has taken on a journey in which this material has always had some sort of presence, whether it be as a silversmith, steel fabricator, cast bronze welder, or iron caster. I would now like to just consider myself an "experimenter" and "creator" of wearable treasures.

From lace textures to hardware store findings to fancy sapphires, my designs vary as much as my material combinations. The work doesn't seem to follow one particular design aesthetic but rather involves some form of technical experimentation.

Go see all of Erin's work here- you are going to be amazed!

More Artsy Chicks here!

The Fall Fabulous Challenge is open for registration NOW! Go claim your prize and be fabulous while you're at it!

No comments:

Post a Comment